Director at Heritage Film Project | Documentarian Filmmaker | Regent´s Lecturer, UCLA – Graduate School of Education
- Documentarian with Heritage Film Project, Film Director and Photographer
- Board Member of African American Heritage Center
- Founding Member of Directores Independietes de Cine (DIC)
- A member of the Thomas Jefferson Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution
- Regent´s Lecturer, UCLA – Graduate School of Education
Teaching & Research Interests
- Engaging with ideas to produced documentary films that serve an audience concerned with cultural issues and academic initiatives at Heritage Film Project, LLC. Building a strong catalogue of unique documentary profiles and film essays ranging from James Monroe and Jorge Luis Borges to Julian Bond and Humberto Ecco. The catalogue includes films on Julio Cortázar, Octavio Paz, John Borden Evans, Rita Dove, Jared Loewenstein, Raul Baragiola, Andrés Rivera, Héctor Tizón, Monroe Hill and The McCormick Observatory at the University of Virginia.
- Joining the mission of African American Heritage Center which is to honor and preserve the rich heritage and legacy of the African-American community of Charlottesville-Albemarle, Virginia and to promote a greater appreciation for, and understanding of, the contributions of African Americans and peoples of the Diaspora locally, nationally and globally
- His interests include Latin American Literature, Diaspora of Intellectualism.
- He has completed “Monroe Hill” a documentary produced by Brown College and the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia. The film was awarded by the Jefferson Trust and the support of regional partners.
- He has also directed and produced the award wining documentary “White: A Season in the Life of John Borden Evans”, “Rita Dove: An American Poet” and “Julian Bond: Reflections from the frontlines of the Civil Right Movement”. The production model for the previously cited is based on the production of commissioned films.
- His biographical research has appeared university press magazines, Random House Mondadori, Sperling & Kupfer, and Editorial Sudamericana.
- Contributing articles and photographs to newspapers in Europe and Latin America, and have lectured in Salamanca, Toulouse, Sorbonne, Yale, UCLA, University of Virginia, UFP, UFB, Florida International University,
- Julian Bond: Reflections from the Frontlines of the Civil Rights Movement
- Rita Dove: la poeta de Barack Obama
- Lisboa: a biographical Sketch on Adriana Lisbia
- Calzada: Reconstructing Havanna
- Samba On Your Feet (Cultural traditions of the Brazilian Enslaved