Dr. Armando Alcantara
- Professor of Higher Education at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), in the Institute for University and Education Studies (IISUE)
- Research Fellow at Mexico’s National System of Researchers and a regular member of the Mexican Academy of Science
- He was Visiting Scholar at Boston College (2000-2001), and Visiting Professor at Brazil’s Federal University of Goiás (2006)
- Ph. D. in Education from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Teaching & Research Interests
- His main areas of inquiry include politics and policies of higher education; equity and values in education; and comparative higher education.