Dr. Anantha Duraiappah
- Dr. Anantha Duraiappah is a development environmental economist
- He has taught at numerous universities and is a visiting professor at the IR3S at the University of Tokyo.
- Founding fellow of the Human Development and Capability Association and a fellow of the World Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- He is presently the founding director of the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development – the first UNESCO Category 1 Institute of education in the Asia- Pacific region.
- He has taught and researched at the National University of Singapore, the European University Institute in Florence, Italy and the Free University of Amsterdam
- Former report director for the highly acclaimed Inclusive Wealth Report released at the Rio+20 Summit in 2012.
- PhD in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin
Teaching & Research Interests
- His main areas of research include new pedagogy methods for teaching and learning about Peace and Sustainable Development.
- He also works in the area of computational modeling of sustainable development.
- He has written numerous articles and books on the economics of sustainable development.