Ali A. Abdi
- Professor of Education and Head of the Department of Educational Studies at the University of British Columbia.
- Former Professor of Education and Co-Director of the Centre for Global Citizenship Education and Research (CGCER) at the University of Alberta
- Former President of the Comparative and International Education Society of Canada (CIESC) and is currently a Member of the CIES Board of Directors (2013-2016).
- BA, MA Concordia University, Montreal
- PhD McGill University, Montreal
Teaching & Research Interest
- His areas of research and teaching include citizenship and human rights education, critical social and cultural foundations of education, multicentric philosophies and epistemologies of education, and decolonization studies in education.
Department of Educational Studies
The University of British Columbia
2125 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC
Canada V6T 1Z4